Monday, September 15, 2003

Yay! Road trip! It was quite fun, but we missed Jana! Jana, you really should have ditched your family. We drove down Thursday night, didn't sleep, I saw Ben on Friday, wandered around the bay area on Saturday, drove down Saturday night, got to my parents house at 6 am, crashed out. Got up around noon, where I had relatives and my brothers to surprise. Lisa, Matt and Julia were bored as I talked and did all those family obligations downstairs. Sunday night I walked into Chad's house, to get a "what the fuck?" Then Jon and Pat show up. Yay surprises! Monday and Tuesday, Lisa, Julia and Matt go to Disneyland while I mope around the house. Monday I lunch with Dad then visit Fuddy Duddy and Mr. Wilging. Fatty LaBelle finally gave Mrs. Donohue good classes. Wilging and I wondered what how to distinguish sophisticated programming from true sentience. I proposed intuition, the process of arriving at a truth without an explanation. That will be a challenge to create. Monday night Trav and I play pool and I see his nifty "new" house. Tuesday I see Jenn. We have dinner and see Pirates of the Caribbean which was quite a good movie, I must say. Wednesday it's Hollywood time. We drive around a bit, looking for good stuff, finally we park and wander Hollywood Blvd. Not all that exciting, but then somebody invites us to be in the audience of Jimmy Kimmel Live Of course, we're bored, so we stay. It was quite fun. For a late night guy, Jimmy did pretty well. If you ever see a repeat of the September 10th episode, we're there. Thursday, turns out Magic Mountain is closed, so we just hang around my house, have a little barbeque thingy. Lisa, Julia and Matt meet Chad, Trav, Pat, and Jon. We played a nice rousing game of spoons. Quite a bit rougher than I'm sure Lisa, Julia and Matt were used to, but it was fun. I got a chance to prove my superiority. Around 1:30 am, I convinced everyone to go swimming. How can you go to California without swimming at all? Well, it was a bit cold, and I soon tried a back dive and smashed my lower back on the diving board. Got cut up pretty badly, though it was pretty much just a rug burn. But it did result in much ass touching on me by everyone else as the bandaged me up, so I suppose it was worth it. Friday Matt drove to his house, we left around 2 pm, got ther around 9 pm. Then Julia drove for eight hours and I for four through the night to get back home, where we don't sleep again and try to get a normal sleeping schedule. Well, we'll see how long that lasts. We're about out of food here, so we should gp shopping sometime in the near future.

"While we may bemoan that some cannot keep up, we must never slow the advancement of anyone." - Roe J. Maier

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]