Sunday, November 23, 2003

Well, I tried to study for my math midterm this weekend. It didn't exactly work out as I had hoped, but pretty much as I had planned. Instead I worked on my perl assignment. You can check it out here. It's not much, you enter some text, and it compares each word with those in existing files on the server. The point is, now I have a method of recording user input on the server. Granted, it's unencrypted, unhidden text files, but still. I really should learn PHP -- it's a lot better for that sort of thing. I could write one of those nifty script generators you see at all the CS "I'm pretending to be competent by scripting" sites.
Anyway, Thanksgiving is coming up! Only four more days away! Time to be told you're ungreatful for all that you have! You ungreatful, greedy bastards! How can you just sit there, reading this, when there are people in this world who work their asses off sixteen hours a day just to eat!!! Okay. I would like to take this time to say how greatful I am for all the friends and family that I have. And to thank Lisa and her family for saving me from an IHOP Thanksgiving this year as I'm not going home.
But, the most important thing this week is the "biggest shopping day of the year!" That's right, the Day-After-Thanksgiving sales! Cheap goodies! And Cheap presents! Yay! Sure, I have to get up at five am, but that's okay, right? I get to save money. Money! M-O-N-E-Y, Moan-nay! Wheeeeee!

"Of course we'll bundle our MorganNet software with the new network nodes; our customers expect no less of us. We have never sought to become a monopoly. Our products are simply so good that no one feels the need to compete with us." - CEO Nwabudike Morgan, Morgan Data Systems press release

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]