Monday, December 15, 2003

Whee. First programming class, and my group doesn't finish the final project. We had to invent write, and implement a programming language. We chose to write a language that will facilitate making .map files. These are the files that compile into Quake maps. Sounded like a pretty spiffy idea. We ran into some problems, and had to take some less-than-ideal shortcuts, but everything was going to be okay. Things were approaching deadline, but we were almost done. Then wham! The official deadline is posted to be 5pm tonight. That usually isn't a problem for me. I usualyl have my work done way ahead of schedule, but my partner didn't. No, Zack had a few other projects and other things taking up his time so he start finishing until Sunday, when he found he had a lot more problems. Now, he makes the first submission late, and it doesn't even work. I emailed the Prof. Hopefully he'll grant my other partner and I some leniency. But even if he extends the deadline, I don't have time to debug someone else's code. You know, I can only think of a few other times when I've been more angry than I am now. I really don't like being helpless, but it is slightly comforting knowing there's not a thing in the world I can do. Wait... Maybe killing people would help....

"Therefore a wise prince will seek means by which his subjects will always and in every possible condition of things have need of his government, and then they will always be faithful to him." - Niccolo Machiavelli, The Prince

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]