Sunday, February 29, 2004

I would like to take this time to say happy birthday to that very special someone in my life. You know who you are. There aren't many of you out there who can buy booze when only five years old (albeit, not in the US, but that's a minor technicality). So, happy birthday!

Well, I finally went to visit our neighbors up north. Granted, I don't know how many of them were actually from there, quite a few seemed to be south of the border. So, I had my first shot, it was suprisingly easy. But I've learned a few more things from this experience. Don't eat too much before you start drinking, it's hard enough on your stomach already, you don't need to fill it to capacity as well. If you throw up in a club, drink water before you start drinking alchy again (good advice from a security guard). Canadian 7-Elevens will hold your credit card for you. While a four-person hotel room may be able to fit nine people for a night, it can only fit them for a sleepless night. And lastly, Vancouver has a very interesting gay district, and lots of sex shops. Appologies for not picking up something for our birthday boy, but it would have been awkward telling the whole group of people that I wanted to go into the gay sex shop for any reason. I admit that I very quickly judged the club scene without trying it out. My appologies, the usually crappy music had a place where I could appreciate it. The dance floor was fun (thank you). So, thank you to everyone who made it possible for me to have such a great time. Here's to friends! Special thanks to Jo, who went out of her way to drive me up there, then slept on the cold floor.

I watched the Oscars tonight, first time I can remember ever watching them, let alone all the way through. Hoorah! Who would have thought The Lord of the Rings: Return of the King could have won an acadamy award, let alone all eleven for which they were nominated?

Registered for classes last week. After a disappointing showing on some of my recent midterms, I've decided that I should not take as many classes next quarter. I'm still going to take fifteen credits, just in three classes, instead of four. In combination with work, I didn't get much down time. Next quarter, hopefully I can spend some more time doing some of my programming projects. Speaking of which, if any of you have a good idea for what I should have available in an episode guide, please let me know. I currently have standard stuff for episodes, name, number (season, ep and running), writer, director, plot preview, guest characters (dialing sergeant for Stargate). I also have characters info: blurb about role, actor portraying, stuff like that. Suggestions welcome.

In case the birthday boy/girl didn't know who he/she was: Happy birthday Jon! (oh, and to you too Raj, happy birthday.)

"There's evil on the rise! Yeast devil, back to the oven that baked you!" - The Tick, The Tick, (1, 05) The Tick vs. the Breadmaster

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]