Thursday, March 04, 2004

As I was walking back from work today, I happened to read one of those advertisements on the sides of a public bus. I wonder how much money they make from those anyway. But that wasn't my point. The advertisement had on of those eye exam charts on it. You know, the ones with the colored dots surounding a dots of a slightly different color that symbolze or spell something. Anyway, this one spelled out "M L K" and asked us to "honor his vision." I am quite amused that the leader of the civil rights movement, the man who wanted a "color-blind America" is honored in a manner dependant on my distinguishing colors. They really should have chosen one of those shrinking-font charts, like at the DMV. Then people who couldn't read it would be encouraged to take public transportation instead of driving themselves. Advertising money and a boost in sales! What more could Metro ask for?

Another type of eye test (middle of blog).

How could I not use this post for eye-gouging quotes? What was I thinking???
"Out vile jelly!" - Duke of Cornwall, King Lear
"Have you eyes!?" - Hamlet, Hamlet
"Alack, I have no eyes" - Gloucester, King Lear



Ummm... eyes....

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]