Sunday, October 31, 2004

Wow. That was a fun and busy week. I was ahead of all my reading on Tuesday. I don't know what happened, but I got quite far behind by Wednesday. Very strange. Thursday I went to campus early to do homework in the labs, and spent four hours trying to get the homework finished, when all it actually took was forty minutes of not trusting the class library and creating my own bases. Sigh. Fortunately, despite falling behind on Thursday and not getting any of my Mythology reading done for class, it did not show much in class, and now I'm all caught up - even a little ahead of usual.

I was so busy this week I didn't get to install my new DVD burner which had come in the mail. Don't worry - it's in now. It only takes an hour to simulare, burn, and verify a disk. That's more than needs to be done, but I'm just playing on the safe side for now - I haven't many disks. It is certainly better than the six hours or so Zach's would take for some unknown reason. Now I can clear things off my hard drive and reencode Gargoyles! Yay! It will be so pretty. Much prettier than current Aquateens. Sigh, what happened?

Well, Halloween turned out to be a great disapointment. I was all excited to dress up this year - and it's been a while. Then, suddenly a wave of apathy cleansed me of the sin of effort. So, instead on Saturday I went to Zachs. Neither of us realized it was daylight savings time until we sat down to talk at 1:35, talked for a while, and looked at the clock again at 1:37. I mean, I know talking with Zach goes really slowly, but that was kinda weird. So after some wondering what happened to the time, we found out it was daylight savings time, so I left. I'm sorry, that was a lame story. I did say it was a disappointment though. Besides, this is my blog, I can be as boring as I wish. So tae that.

I must now raise a toast to my guest on Wednesday evening. To all the good times past. May our present craft a future even more fruitful.

Ben: Girl in Sproul: Have you signed the University UNICEF petition?
Ben: No, thanks.
Girl: Do you know about UNICEF?
Ben: It is the United Nations International Children's Education Fund. Yes, I know all about it. I, too, was once as you are now, little girl. I knew all about your good causes and I now despise their existence.
Girl: Then you have fallen far from your lofty perch. Renounce your evils and I will consider sparing you.
Ben: This can only end one way, altruist. <draws sword>
Girl: So be it. <they fight, Ben starts winning>
Ben: Your foolish precepts have made you weak and hardly worth my steel. How ironic.
Girl: <tired> I have more strength than you can know, fiend! For Uganda! <they fight on, Girl rallies and stabs Ben>
Ben: No! It...cannot...be! <dies>

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]