Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Does it mean anything that "Pet Names" by Smash Mouth keeps coming up on my playlist? Anyhoo, yay for music. Chad introduced me to Nightwish and I can't stop listening to them. For those of you who have failed to know of their awesomeness, they're a Finish goth-rock band with opera vocals. Yeah, weird. But it works so well. It's awesome. It seems to be really good music for background stuff. It's something that's a lot easier to think over. I'm just hoping this doesn't turn out to be another one of thost bands who's really cool when you first hear of them, then quickly fades, like The Verve was for me. Sigh. Ah well. It's awesome now. Now all I have to do is sort through all this new music (a total of 372 songs, including Nightwish). If you want to check them out, here are my fav songs so far, in no particular order:
Over the Hills and Far Away (from the album Over the Hills and Far Away) - a more mellow song, makes it feel like Christmas time.
Nemo (Oceanborn) - This seems to be their biggest single, really just plain pretty.
Phantom of the Opera (Century Child) - song from the musical, done quite well, I think.
End of All Hope (Century Child) - much more upbeat, really gives a feel for what the opera-style singing can do for rock music.

"Okay guys, listen up. We're just short of an even, so there will be one group of three of you." - CS TA

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]