Sunday, December 05, 2004

Hehe. Andrew and I saw a commercial on the History channel for a special on Ben Franklin, and we're both like: "we so have to see that!" So I spend the day making sure I can get my homework done just so I can see Ben Frankin tonight. It was actually pretty cool. Spent the first hour talking about his accomplishments, about twenty minutes on his mistresses, and the rest on his ideals for America. I didn't realize how popular he was, and still he failed at so many attempts at romance. Kind of makes things seem really gloom for me, eh? Though he was still wildly popular with all the other ladies. He invented a lot of cool stuff and made France fight for us. It's because of people like Ben, that we're the bad-assest-biggest-motha-f*ckin' country ever! Hehe. Though I do question the credibiliy of having Nicholas Cage open and close specials like this just because he has a movie based on Historic Fiction. I mean, there's a kernel of truth in it, and I understand it gets people into history and all, but should they really promote it if it's not being historically accurate?

I also reinstalled Alpha Centauri today, as I was missing it, and Quake was a bit to fast-going for me at the moment. I figured I'd try the Gaians out. What? Someone besides University? I want to see how friendly I can get with Planet. I think I remember fungus being the best all-around resource. I also hope to take a page out of Chad's book, though more extreme, and have one city harvest an entire contenent all to itself. Bwahahahaha!

On a less than exciting, in fact, semi-desperate note: Zach convinced me to sign up for at Match.com. Heh, I got it done so much quicker than he did. It took him fourty minutes to use his name as his login. No, this isn't me being desperate, just some other way of letting people find me while I sit back and be apathetic. If you want, you can find me as "theimplord" (big surprise). Just don't all go there and don't tell me, I don't want to think I'm popular and then find out it's just you bozos.

"He [Benjamin Franklin] was always proud of telling how he entered Philadelphia, for the first time, with nothing in the world but two shillings in his pocket and four rolls of bread under his arm. But really, when you come to examine it critically, it was nothing. Anybody could have done it." - Mark Twain

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]