Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Another Lisa?

Nope. It would appear not. Good; hard enough to live up to the original - it could only result in disappointment.
So, there was this cute girl on one of the facebook objectivist groups here at UW. I invited her to join my objectivist group, and we started talking. We'd been chatting for the past month or so, and things seemed to be going pretty well, so I asked her out to see Sin City last Saturday. Well, she was busy Saturday, so we grabbed lunch and the movie. Well, that's not quite true. Apparently she didn't really have plans that evening, just a party she didn't even know if she were going to. That was kinda weird. Anyway, she walks up, looking nothing like her picture, and she's on the phone, I wait for her to finish her call, and then she shakes my hand. Not a good way to begin a date. To top it off, she apparently had already eaten lunch with her parents or something, then she insisted that I eat anyway. So, she sat around and watched me eat for half-an-hour, then said she wasn't fully intersted in the movie. Now, this half-hour of conversation didn't seem to me to be going very well - it was awkward, and I was getting kinda a bad vibe about the whole thing, so I didn't know what else to do. It would have been really lame to cut if off after half an hour, and I couldn't imagine her being that bad, but I didn't know what else to do, so we went to the movie anyway, which she enjoyed, as she should have - it was a good movie. Then we grabbed bubble tea, and chatted a bit. She seemed cool - not as quick as I would have prefered, but still interesting. However, it's a moot point - there was no chemistry between us. Sad though, I mean, there didn't even seem to be basic friend-level chemistry, let alone romantic chemistry. Quite lame. Oh well, I guess some make it and others don't. It's for the best - at least now I don't have to rename my Lisa.

UPDATE: apparently this caused some confusion (Julia). This girl actually is named Lisa. I wasn't just naming her Lisa because we went out once. Icky. That would be creepy.

"I do not avoid women, Mandrake, but I, I do deny them my essence." - General Jack Ripper Dr. Strangelove

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]