Saturday, April 30, 2005

Hitchhiker's, Comics, and Pirates

I'm feeling quite off this morning. I don't know how to descrive it. I just woke up feeling weird. Maybe my spleen's attacking my kidney. I dunno.

Friday was totally awesome. Well, Friday night at least. Lisa, Julia, Zach (and Kristina and Jim) and I went to see Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy last night. It was a very good movie - extremely funny, and it felt very true. I do, however, have a few quibbles. I'm not sure I liked how the new Marvin looked. I liked him in the BBC miniseries, and was very greatful when they had the original costume (or at least I thought it was) as an extra in one of the scenes. I also liked Zaphod with the two heads side-by-side. It was weird having one in his neck - though not too bad. I would've like to see more of his third arm too. Though, to be fair, there were many towels. Towels were done well.

I had offered to pick up the tickets to Hitch Hiker's, since I had a break in the morning and didn't have much else to do. But when I went up to the theater between classes, wasn't yet open. Frustrating. Even the comic books store next door was closed. I wanted to get a chance to browse the comic book store, but alas, it too opens too late. I was going to pick up the fifth Exiles trade issue, since I've the first four, and it really is the best comics series I've seen so far. But alas, 'twas not to be. I'm very interested in the next issue. I just hope it's not the end of the series. Oh, and speaking of comic books, I found out what the Marvel Knights series is. Apparently they give a team (writer, artist, color) a single year. That means it'll change every twelve issues. Interesting idea, but I'm very disappointed to see Mark Miller leave. His Spider-Man issues were incredible. I wasn't a huge fan of the wall-crawler until this series. Now I'll have to gather the trade issues. I wonder if they have the Marvel Knights Spider-Man in a trade issue by now. Stupid comic book store closing early.

I've found myself looking more and more forward to turning 21. I never really expected it to be a big deal. I mean, I don't really care about drinking. I don't expect to do it much even once I turn 21. I guess I'm just looking forward to being able to be more social with everyone. I can go to all the stuff they can now. Plus there will be more concerts et al which shall accept my admission.

Pirate 1: "Argh!"
Pirate 2: "Argh!"
Pirate 1: "Argh!"
Pirate 2: "Argh!"
Pirate 1: "Argh!"
<They fight, Pirate 2 dies>
Pirate 1: "Fairly warned be thee, says I!"
- UCB (1, 04) - Power Marketing

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]