Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Sin City

I'm sure most of you have seen Sin City by this time. If you have not, I recommend it. It was a very enjoyable movie. Quite dark, mind you; quite disguesting at times, but still, quite enjoyable as well. I think I liked it mostly for the cinematography (story was pretty cool too), which was incredible. It's one of those unique styles that just makes it so pretty to look at. Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow did it too. To a lesser extend, Final Fantasy - The Spirits Within did it, but they were mostly about eye-candy to begin with - just showing off how much they could do with CG. The whole thing is black-and-white, save a few carefully selected parts which are a bright vibrant color. It was really, really, cool. And it made Alexis Bledel (Rory - Gilmore Girls) look so much hotter than I thought she was before - those bright blue eyes.... just wonderful. The three plots, with the innter two bracketed by the first (and the intro/exit character), were cool. I liked the overlap of characters (especially deceased ones). I know the whole thing with Hartigan and Nancy was kinda weird, but I totally bought the 19 year old and the 77 year old guy being in love. I thought they did it well. I didn't like all the "bad" buys in the movie being named Roark though, puts poor Howard to shame. All in all, it was a very enjoyable movie, and I find it quite odd that I am able to articulate quite why. I usually just like or dislike movies, but can't elaborate further. Perhaps I'm becoming more articulate, or perhaps it's just that different a movie.

"There's evil on the rise! Yeast devil, back to the oven that baked you!" - The Tick, (1, 05) The Tick vs. the Breadmaster

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]