Thursday, May 26, 2005

Ahhh!

Garrett! What were you thinking?
Today, the CEO of Google, Eric Schmidt came to campus. Unfortunately, my lunch with Zach and Nick ran a little long, so I didn't manage to get there in time to get a seat. I didn't expect it to fill up, but I got there right as it did. This means I had to sit in the other room and watch him from there. Oh well. The camera work was good enough. I even saw him in person, though I didn't get to talk to him. No idea what I'd talk to him about. Anyway, Garrett's interning with Google this summer, so he was talking with him (or maybe just some other google guys, I dunno). Anyway, apparently he was invited to fly down to Mountain View with them this weekend. He'd have to be ready to go right then, because they couldn't wait for him, and he had this OS project to do, so he declined. Come on! The OS project isn't due until Friday. Besides, he's got Steve and I on it too - we would have done it for him to get him to go. I mean, how many of us get to fly with the CEO of Google? What an opportunity. Oh well. Man, I so want to work at Google. They sound more and more awesome everytime I meet someone from there. Amazon seemed cool, but they didn't seem to have cool problems. Google seems to have it all. Cool projects, cool people, little management, awesome corporate culture. <explodes>
Someday.... Someday....

"They are alive, [Dagney] thought, but their soul operates them by remote control. Their soul is in every man who has the capacity to equal this achievement. Should the soul vanish from the earth, the motors would stop, because that is the power which keeps them going -- not the oil under the floor under her feet, the oil that would then become the primeval ooze again -- not the steel cylinders that would become the stains of rust on the walls of the caves of shivering savages --- the power of a living mind -- the power of thought and choice and purpose." - Atlas Shrugged (230-231)

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]