Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Lawyers

Ugh I knew my work's building manager had some weird political views, but I didn't think of anything beyond that. Well, today he tried to talk about physics. About how a matchbook-size bomb would implode instead of explode by virtue of it's being "small." When I questioned him, he went on about how the E&M "gravatons" pushed everything away. I pointed out to him that gravitons were the cariers of the force of gravity, and photons carried E&M. He denied this, then went on to say that nutrinos were carries of gravity. He's going to go to a big phyiscs talk, so he's been brushing up on his physics. "But nutrinos have mass, and we know they don't do anythign with gravity." "Well yeah, that's exactly right, their mass imbues a force." At this point I gave up and shook my head. "What I'm talking about is a lot more than they teach you in schoo..." No shit. I don't care about the bull-shit they teach in the basic physics classes. That's so uninteresting I actually didn't care what my grade was. That's why I've been reading Scientific American, Discover, and MIT Review all these years. Not to mention the Slashdot and Betterhumans postings I keep up with and the physworld articles I read occasionally. He's probably just been reading some cook's religious-science bullshit. Just as I've reached my limit of frustration and of incomprehansion of stupidity, my boss walked back in and the guy boasts "we were talking about physics." Ugh.

"I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy, to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids." - General Jack Ripper, Dr. Strangelove

Damn. That quote was all too appropriate.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]