Sunday, June 05, 2005

Labs

Were I more adept at such things, I would compose a haiku, but it is not so.

I spent Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights in the lab from just after dinner (around 7, 5 on Saturday) until 1.30 am. This is the longest I've spent in the labs straight. Ugh. I'm so glad that project is done. The only thing making it bearable, besides having great partners, was the half-priced coke closet. Thank you corporate sponsorship (Microsoft). We're all very greatful. It was odd though, I'd put in a dollar, grab a soda and candy bar, and then what? I had enough, but I could get twice as much! Brought stuff home. :) Anyway, the project was pretty cool. We were extending a very basic file system in Linux to have filenames as long as 1050 characters (instead of 30) and files as big as 268 KB (instead of 13KB). I spent Saturday trying to get the max file size to 17 GB, but didn't get far enough. Oh well. The extra credit would have been nice though.

But now I am free. No more labs! No more homework! Just two finals, then a summer of work. Yay!

"The happy life is thought to be one of excellence; now an excellent life requires exertion, and does not consist in amusement. If Eudaimonia, or happiness, is activity in accordance with excellence, it is reasonable that it should be in accordance with the highest excellence; and this will be that of the best thing in us." - Aristotle, "Nichomachean Ethics"

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]