Monday, August 29, 2005

Joness

Feels like freshman year (in a good way). I've see much of Jo these past few days. Mike went out of town so now she's all mine! We hung out with Julia too. The three of us had Sci-fi Friday, as usual. On Saturday we went wine tasting at some of the local wineries (they don't grow them here, just distill and bottle). That was pretty cool. I found the wine I like. I can enjoy white wines, but I hate red wines. They're retardo. But of the whites, the only one I really liked was a Riesling. It was so tasty, so I bought a bottle. Saturday night I got to go to the comic-shop party, which was kinda what I expected it to be. It was enjoyable, but not too exciting. Lots of people who had been coming to this guy for twenty years or so. I was the youngest one there (though there were a few in their mid twenties). Sunday Jo and I looked for the out-of-print books I wanted at the local used book stores. They didn't have any of the ones I wanted (I wanted the first two from The Draka Series). So I got Snow Crash instead. It's been enjoyable so far. Sunday night we went over to Mike's place to play with his cat and watch Battlestar. That was quite good, though Wily was quite aggressive. He'd make us pet him, but then he kept biting me and running away, only to come back for more in a few minutes. Sigh. Today, Jo came over for even more Battlestar, so we've been enjoying lots of awesomeness. 'Tis been good.

"I suppose now is the time for me to say something profound... nothing comes to mind, lets do it." - Jack O'Neill

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]