Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Weekend

This past weekend was pretty cool. Friday Julia and Jo and I did our usual sci-fi thing - good episodes this week, too. Julia's Canadians were visiting, so them and her sister joined us. I must say, I'm quite disappointed Jordan (one of the Canadians) didn't like Gargoyles. For shame. Anyway, we didn't get much time to get to know these people because we had to leave right after the shows, but oh well. Sunday Laura, Billy, and I went to Chateau Ste Michelle's for their annual wine festival. It wsa pretty good. I got to taste some wines I hadn't at the earlier tasting we went to. Though it was a bit too expensive to go a second time. Sunday night I met up with Andy and we saw Brothers Grimm. It was a really cool movie. I liked it a lot. I thought they did a really good job of including all the stories while presenting a totally different story that wasn't even a retelling of them. I could really see how all the other stories could have come out of this one adventure. Really, really, cool. The only thing I didn't really like was the ending. The whole kiss of true love thing was only okay, but then to have it not count was kinda irritating.

I finally got around to working on my Atlas Shrugged essay. I got a bit done on Saturday, but couldn't really feel it. Sunday and Monday I was out most of the day, so I didn't really get a chance. Today I'm finishing it up, it's almost done. Thank you reviewers! It's a bit disturbing that I noticed one thing in particular while writing this: I really, really, like using more uncommon words. Not unknown words, just words I don't usually get to use in everyday conversation. Words like "dissolute" or "garner." It really should be that big a deal, but I feel so much more expressive when I get a chance to use words like this in the proper context.

"He knew that man must live by his own rational perception of reality, that he cannot act against it or escape it or find a substitute for it -- and that there is no other way for him to live." - Atlas Shrugged, (557)

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]