Sunday, January 15, 2006

Internship!

Yay! I have received an unofficial (official will be coming in the next few days) offer from Microsoft to be an intern next summer in the .NET Development team. Freakin' sweet. Though I find it curious, though perhaps indicative of a great deal of confidence, that the day I found out I was more concerned with brushing away some of my lower gums. Yeah, it really pissed me off, since they don't grow back. Once I brush them away, they're gone forever. I did it to my top teeth a few years ago, and was trying to avoid trashing my lower teeth, but all it takes is one night of carelessness. Bah. I'm going to lose my teeth when I'm fifty. Wonderful. Hopefully we'll devote stem-cells to regrowing gums instead of curing hideous diseases I'll never get. (If I will get them, by all means, continue the research.)

I celebrated the internship offer by buying an iPod (5G 30GB). I must say, I'm terribly disappointed. Sure, the hardware is great - I barely notice it in my pocket. But the interface is totally fucking irritating. Not to mention iTunes sucks big, fat, hairy, sweaty goat-balls. Just because I organize my music on the hard drive, I get fucked over. iTunes has no notion of path. I can't put playlists in folders. I can't nest smart playlists. I can't import .avi into iTunes. I can put .mpg into iTunes, but not onto the iPod. Not only that, but the way it stores the music files on disc is totally retarded. It has a hidden folder at the root, and stores all the music with random four-letter names in random subdirectories (ie /iPod_Control/Music/F49/DNYY.mp3) just so I can't figure out which files are which. What fuckers. Not only that, but I can't just drop mp3s into the directories. I have to fucking use iTunes because dropping them in doesn't update the fucking index file. Fuck. I paid $300 for this? What. The. Fuck. At least I can change the serial number by just editing a text file (though I haven't tried it to see if there's a check).



So I saw the sun. Nay, I saw my reflection

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]